Using your Equity
You may have equity in your home and using that equity you could be able to purchase an investment property. Utilising the equity to buy a new investment property to make money to build your wealth is a WIN – WIN situation.
Property investment expert Danny Buxton of Triple Zero Property Group says new builds offer good tax depreciation, low maintenance costs and lower periods of vacancy. With new properties investors can claim more of the upfront costs and expenses including bank costs, as well as depreciation on the building and fixtures & fittings which could be written off over ten years. “In the first 5-6 years there is increased depreciation which will give really good cashflow,” Buxton says.
His three tips for working out the best location for investment is to look at:
· current and predicted population growth,
· infrastructure spending, and
· Local facilities and amenities such as schools, medical facilities and shops.
“Make sure that you don’t buy with your heart, you buy with your head,” he says. “Investing in property is all about numbers, it’s about understanding the data and having the right team around you.”
The big news is that regional Australia has people looking for somewhere to live but can't afford to buy, and vacancy rates in the Hunter Valley are under 1%. The Lower Hunter Valley ticks all the boxes on Buxton's list:
· Current growth – 2% to 5% year on year, and Future growth of 14.5% expected by 2041 (131,000 people)
· infrastructure spending: Government funding New Schools, New Maitland Hospital and Road upgrades.
· Many local facilities, and shops, with private enterprise like McDonalds, Supermarkets and Bunnings are also entering and expanding in the area.
On the Northern Central Coast (which is also identified as a regional centre) people are also looking for good quality homes to rent, and this is reflected in the 1% vacancy rates in the Warnervale/Wadalba area. The Warnervale / Wadalba area also ticks all the boxes on Buxton’s list.
· Current population Growth is expected to increase by 75,000 people before 2036 after already increasing in the last 3 years.
· Infrastructure spending is strong with the Wyong Hospital at Hamlyn Terrace upgrades, the new Tuggerah Lakes Private Hospital recently opening, the new school at Warnervale and the Kangy Angy train maintenance facility
· Local facilities include all major supermarkets, Tuggerah Westfields and the improved sporting complex to name just a few.
We at Oliver Myers have been around for over 30 years and we specialise in locating property with high capital growth potential. We have been able to help many clients build more wealth for their retirement.
Highly Efficient and Customer Focused
Oliver Myers Real Estate Gosford is a long standing and well established leading Central Coast Business serving the real estate needs of an ever growing population in an highly efficient and customer focused manner.
We have dealt directly with their agency and more specific with Principal Tony Myers, over many years now and cannot speak more highly of their commitment to their clientele and for their complete professionalism in all that they do.
For all your real estate and property investment needs, you need go no further that Oliver Myers Real Estate and Tony Myers.
- Peter & Janette Hogg, Proprietors Platinum Retirement Solutions
Best Real Estate Book Ever!
I've tried to read other real estate books and they are all really large and hard going.
Tony's book is plain and simple, easy for everyone to understand.
It's the best real estate book I've ever read.
- George Szafranski
Well Thought Of
Tony Myers is a well known real estate agent who I have known for about 30 years. He has a thorough knowledge of the Central Coast property market and is well thought of with those whom he does business.
- Edgar Adams
Editor at Central Coast Business Review
Excellent Customer Service
The team from Oliver Myers Real Estate have gone above and beyond expectations to help me. They gave more than 100% effort to work with me to help me find my dream home. I cannot fault their service and would certainly recommend them to my friends and family.