I wonder.... When Co-Living concepts will take off in NSW?
What is Co-living?
It's an innovative new type of rental accommodation for Australian seniors.
It’s all about providing seniors with safe, affordable and comfortable rental accommodation with like-minded housemates.
In the shared home, residents occupy a bedroom which is their secure private space, with an individual ensuite bathroom and wardrobe. Kitchen, living and dining areas in the home are shared spaces where residents can enjoy social time with their housemates.
The homes are designed to facilitate a collaborative “community” culture where residents share similar interests and values and look out for each other.
Why is it necessary?
- Available rentals are becoming scarcer, and even more so for seniors
- Seniors often struggle to find age-friendly accommodation that is secure, comfortable, and affordable
- Because of longer life expectancies, single older people who want to retain their independence are at risk of being unable to find and afford rental properties
Why is it innovative?
- It gives residents safe companionship, while also ensuring privacy.
- Share accommodation is normally something only thought of for young people
- It gives investors a greater return on their investment, with 3 or 4 incomes per property, and
- Has tenants who want long term leases and who are more likely to maintain the property like it belongs to them.
I wonder…. Why don’t we see more of these??
If you want to know more, please get in touch.
0418 433 377
Tony took his time to meet my requirements
When looking for a property for my parents, I was introduced to Tony. After I described my requirements, he took the time to show me areas that fulfilled my requirements, and then specific locations, floor plans and similar new homes that he believed, based on my criteria, would be suitable. Thank you Tony.
Nothing but wonderful!
My venture into my first home on the coast was made easy by the support from Tony and his team. They were nothing but wonderful!
Willing to go the extra mile
Tony and his team were willing to go the extra mile to show us properties in new and growing areas that would be suitable to include in our investment portfolio. Following our earlier success in securing a new build on land in the Newcastle region, we were keen to investigate other locations which would provide capital growth and good rental return with a low vacancy factor. His team thoroughly researched all those requirements and provided great options.
- Roger Smith
Making Life Easy for us Landlords!
Tony and his team assisted us in buying a new off-the-plan home for investment purposes. We were given plenty of information on the location and trends in the area, and the types of properties that were popular with tenants. Tony has many trusted contacts in real estate and associated industries, and referred us to a quantity surveyor who has helped us claim a lot more depreciation than we thought we could, and to a great property manager that is making our life easy for us as landlords. It’s been a very successful relationship!